Borealis is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced and circular polyolefin solutions and a European market leader in base chemicals, fertilizers and the mechanical recycling of plastics. We leverage our polymers expertise and decades of experience to offer value adding, innovative and circular material solutions for key industries. In re-inventing for more sustainable living, we build on our commitment to safety, our people and excellence as we accelerate the transformation to a circular economy and expand our geographical footprint. With head offices in Vienna, Austria, Borealis has 6,900 employees and operates in over 120 countries.
To foster true sustainability throughout its business, Borealis takes responsible and fact-based decisions by applying the principles of the so-called 3Ps (People, Planet and Profit). This has enabled Borealis to include sustainability aspects in its major policies and decision-making processes. Embedding sustainability in the business is key for Borealis and a priority for the Executive Board.
Borealis is underpinned by company values that reinforce employee engagement. These values remind us of our individual worth and the benefits of collaborating as a team.
- We take responsibility for our work and the communities in which we operate.
- We collaborate and communicate with respect for each other.
- We deliver the best possible outcomes, aiming to exceed expectations in everything we do.
- We are fit, fast and flexible, creating openings and seizing opportunities with our Nimblicity™.
Borealis has three production sites in Belgium, in Beringen, Kallo and Zwijndrecht and an international business center in Mechelen. In total approximately 1200 employees are working in these locations.
- In Beringen, Borealis has two polypropylene (PP) plants and a compounding plant which produce polypropylene (PP)
- In Kallo, Borealis produces polypropylene, but also operates a dehydrogenation unit to convert propane to propylene. In 2019 the constructions works for a new, world-scale propane dehydrogenation (PDH) plant in Kallo started. It will be one of the largest and most efficient facilities in the world.
- At the facilities in Zwijndrecht, Borealis produces ethylene copolymers and polyethylene, mainly used for the Wire and Cable market.
The main areas of application of our products are wire and cable, advanced packaging, hygienic and electronic applications, as well as applications in the automotive sector.
De gezichten van Borealis
Locatieleider Antwerpen & Kallo
Locatieleider Beringen en Geleen